Face & Body Care

Allo Aloe – Why We Love Aloe

Here at SBC, we can’t get enough Aloe, especially throughout this beautiful sunny summer we are having!

Two Queens of Egypt, Cleopatra and Nefertiti, apparently used Aloe Vera to keep their skin soft! So, if it’s good for royalty, then it’s certainty good for us!

Find out more about Aloe Vera and more importantly, why your skin loves it…

What is Aloe Vera?

Known by many names around the world, including Medicine Plant, Burn Plant, Plant of Life and the Potted Physician, the scientific name for Aloe Vera is Aloe Barbadensis, but we prefer what the Egyptians called it – ‘the plant of immortality’. The extraordinary benefits of Aloe Vera were well known to our ancestors and have been harnessed for use in skin care and medicinal use by many cultures.

Aloe Vera is a cactus plant from the Asphodelaceae family and is generally believed to originate from North Africa. The leaves secrete a clear gel that when broken off from the rest of the plant can be applied topically to the skin.

What exactly makes this ingredient so ‘extraordinary’ I hear you ask… Well, Aloe Vera is actually around 99% water, but that remaining 1% is highly powerful as it contains close to 100 ingredients encompassing vitamins, minerals, sugars, enzymes, amino acids, anthraquinones, saponins, fatty acids and salicylic acid. That 99% water content does however make Aloe Vera an exceptional moisturiser.

With all these ingredients, Aloe Vera is surging with skincare benefits! It’s a hydrating and anti-inflammatory skincare hero.

How is it used?

Aloe Vera sap is used in skincare products ranging from facial cleansers to body moisturisers to soaps and gels, it is most widely known for its use in after-sun or post-hair removal care products due to its hydrating, soothing and cooling benefits for traumatised skin. Aloe Vera provides plenty of benefits for the skin, this natural, wonder ingredient is gentle and beneficial for those even with very dry or very sensitive skin.

How can Aloe Vera help my skin?

Aloe Vera acts as an anti-inflammatory, and as mentioned above it is often used as a topical treatment to soothe skin, it can help with razor burn, rashes, insect bites and skin that has been exposed to the sun. It penetrates the skin to supply moisture directly to the tissue, easing dryness and protecting and relaxing skin to relieve sensitivity, sunburn and over-exposure to environmental elements.

Aloe Vera can be used directly from the plant on your inflamed skin, or in Aloe Vera skincare products in gel and cream forms. To help make the products extra soothing on your irritated skin, store them in the refrigerator to keep them nice and cool.

Aloe Vera also contains flavonoids, which are antioxidants and help to rid the body of free radicals, which can damage healthy skin cells. It can also help reduce the signs of ageing, as Aloe Vera promotes the restoration and preservation of the skin. The skin cells responsible for manufacturing collagen are called Fibroblasts, and these are stimulated by Aloe Vera. Collagen is a protein that is incredibly important to the elasticity and structure of the skin and vitamins C and E which are present in Aloe Vera can improve the skin’s natural firmness.

Aloe Vera in SBC

Perfect for the summer and a true after-care necessity, SBC’s Aloe Vera Collection will soothe, hydrate and calm the skin. We have popped this wonder ingredient into our signature formula – a Skincare Gel, pop it in the fridge for ultimate cooling relief. Also, a creamy Body Butter, soothing Bath & Shower Gel, and a handy spritz, for keeping skin cool and soothed on the go.

Say allo to aloe, for happy, healthy skin this summer!










Leave a Reply

Shopping Bag (0 items)

View Bag

Nothing within basket

Copyright 2022 SBC Skincare. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy

Designed by Unity Online